3 Tips For Playing At New Slot Sites And Slot Games
PlayPlayNews fun_master 03 Nov , 2022 0
Slot games, whether online or land-based, are among the most popular casino games worldwide. Millions of first-time players try their luck in slot games before moving on to poker, roulette, and blackjack.
For this reason, hundreds of new online slots are being launched regularly to fulfill a constantly growing market. Consequently, there are slight variations on how you play them, although the rule stays the same: You must match all the numbers or symbols on the screen to collect a payout.
While it’s true that you don’t need to develop excellent gambling skills to win a slot game, it doesn’t mean you can’t create a game plan. Here are some tips for enjoying newly launched slot sites and games.
1. Familiarize yourself with the terms
The online gambling industry may reach USD$114.4 billion by 2028, a hike of over 86% from its 2021 value of USD$61.5 billion, according to Statista.
While most may be playing online for fun, it doesn’t hurt to spend time understanding the basic concepts used in online slot games. Here are some examples:
- 234 ways describes the number of winning combinations where there are at least three matching symbols.
- 1,024 ways is essentially a 234 ways gameplay with additional reels and columns, which exponentially increases the winning combinations.
- Credit meter is a figure that represents a player’s remaining balance.
- Expanding wilds happens randomly when the symbols cover the entire length of the reel, increasing your chances of winning over several pay lines.
- Megabuck is a game type that lets you collect a prize only if you’ve matched three progressive rows of a five-reel machine.
- Mega Moolah typically needs USD$3 stake to win the jackpot.
- Megaways is a slot device that offers 117,649 ways to hit the jackpot.
- Paytable is a table that shows all the winning combinations with their corresponding coins or credits.
- Pay line is the pattern that lets players win. For instance, the symbols can either match in a straight, diagonal line or zigzag, and other shapes.
- Scatters are special symbols that carry specific features, depending on the game you’re playing, increasing your chances of getting a winning combination.
There are hundreds of other online slot games that you’ll encounter while playing, most of them self-explanatory. Regardless, the terms above are often used in all slot sites and games, whether old or new.
2. Form a game plan
While slot machine results are random, you can play smartly by understanding the game and choosing games with better stakes.
More importantly, the following reminders can help you gamble wisely.
Study how this new slot game works
All online and offline slot games depend on the random number generator. This machine or algorithm generates different numbers at every spin. It doesn’t keep a memory of winning or losing sessions, so players can’t guess the outcomes for each spin by studying patterns.
You can study the new slot game and understand how it’s different from the other games you might have played before.
Opt for a low bet and high payout game
Look for new slot games with low minimum bets and high payouts. Check the return to player (RTP) percentage. For instance, a slot with a 96% RTP means you’re getting USD$0.96 for every dollar spent. Additionally, it pays to check the pay table to know the value of each symbol and if expanding wilds and other bonuses are being offered.
Play the game for free
New slot sites and games often allow free game demonstrations. Practicing the game this way helps you understand how it works without losing money.
Don’t be too aggressive
Set a gambling budget and stick to it. Generally, games with lower prize amounts accommodate more winners than others with larger payouts.
Switch to another machine
Don’t hesitate to switch to another machine if you’re not winning after a few tries. You might have better luck with the RNG on another device.
Check out other online tips that might help increase your chances of winning by playing slot games.
3. Ensure that the new site is reputable
Once you’ve used the free game offers, online slot sites will ask you to sign up and provide your credit card and other banking details. Take the necessary precautions, as some fraudulent individuals use this tack to steal your information and access your credit and debit cards.
Ensure the site is legitimate before giving out personal data. Security measures and certifications must be in place.
Look for online reviews about the site and check for accreditation from local regulatory bodies in their country of origin. These include the Gambling Commission in the United Kingdom, the Kahnawake Gaming Commission in Canada, the South Australia Independent Gambling Authority, and similar offices.
The key to making online slot games fun is ensuring you know the basics of the game and that you’re using a secure site. More importantly, gambling requires self-discipline to prevent yourself from going overboard with your bets.
Remember that there are associated risks with every online transaction, and sharing your information or not sticking to spending limits makes you vulnerable to losing more than you’ve intended.