Online slots have always enjoyed massive popularity with UK punters. However, the number of online slot fans has skyrocketed over the last two years, which leaves us wondering whether UK slots are the next big hit. The simple answer is yes, but the more complex one will be explained in this article.
So, without further ado — let’s see what makes UK slots so popular!
Status of UK Slot Players
The online gambling industry saw a boom during the highest COVID-19 spike and lockdowns, so it’s not surprising that UK players also followed suit. Statistics note that over 40 million UK players participated in some kind of online gaming activities in 2021. Around two or three million of those were slot players. Therefore, it comes as no surprise that the UK’s gambling yield can be measured in the billions.
What’s more, we can only expect to see a rise in the number of players in UK online casinos. The same goes for slot sites and other casino sites that attract numerous players.
Why Did Slots Blow Up With UK Players?
As we’ve mentioned, the last two years saw a big increase in online gaming due to the pandemic. But that’s not the only reason why UK slots blew up among the players. Let’s learn all the details.
The first and most important factor lies in the alluring promotions that all players love. Naturally, slot fans are attracted to bonuses and promos that allow them to explore more gaming offers and play longer in the hopes of winning big.
So, if you decide to play UK slots on the Slot Spinner site, you might find free spins, no deposit bonuses, respins, and similar offers. Most of these sites also have regular promotions or VIP programmes for their loyal users.
Thanks to the technological advancements we take for granted every day, we’ve had the pleasure of witnessing dramatic changes in the gambling sphere. For instance, high-speed internet and numerous high-tech devices allow players to go on a gaming spree without leaving the comfort of their homes.
This is yet another reason why UK slots have gained such popularity recently. The feeling of playing on your smartphone on the Prime Slots site might not be the same as walking into a land-based casino, but the experience is not too far off either.
Interesting UK Gambling Statistics
If you’re still confused about the reason why the UK slots are the next big thing, we have some statistics that might help you understand — or you can read this article to find out more.
- More than 45% of UK citizens gamble monthly. Around 22% place two or more bets weekly, while approximately 30% gamble once a week.
- Around 35% of UK gamblers make a profit. A survey has found that more than 35% of gamblers in the UK turn a profit playing slots and other casino games.
- Less than 3% earn a living. Making a living wage out of gambling is challenging, so it’s not surprising that less than 3% of UK gamblers are able to do that.
- Most gamblers are 35 to 64 years old. The most significant chunk of UK gamblers is middle-aged. Interestingly, Britons aged 45–54 have shown the highest level of gambling participation.
- One-third of gamblers tried a new game during the lockdown. During the lockdown, many players expanded their gambling repertoire, trying new titles weekly.
- Smartphones are the most common devices for gambling. Most players opt for mobile gambling in the UK — more than 50%.
- Approximately 70% of players state they’ve lost money. You must understand that gaming is not always lucrative, so be prepared to lose some money.
- March 2020 saw an increase in the number of UK players. Once the pandemic started, more UK players turned to online gambling.
- Men gamble more than women. Perhaps not surprising, but the gambling rate for UK players is 37% for men and 28% for women.
- More than 50% of UK players saw a gambling ad. Interestingly, 51% of Britons saw an online ad for a gambling site while actively playing games.