No Deposit Bonuses for New Zealand Gamblers: Types, Terms & Conditions, Wagering Requirements
PlayPlayNews fun_master 16 Feb , 2023 0
New Zealand gained a lot of revenue from gambling between 2014 and 2018 as more people joined in on the fun. More online casinos have emerged, with various games from some of the best software providers. By 2018, 13% of New Zealand residents were gambling. As of this year, the number has grown significantly, while surprisingly, some online casinos are not allowed to operate in New Zealand by law.
As players have more options for where to gamble, casino operators have come up with ways to attract and retain them—giving players unique offers when they join the casino. One of the common ways is offering no-deposit bonuses, a bonus a player gets in terms of free spins or cash without having to deposit their money. We reached out to John Gold of Betpokies to better understand the basics of the no deposit bonus, and this article was born as a result. Keep reading to learn more.
No Deposit Bonus
As gambling becomes more popular, more casinos have opted to offer no-deposit bonuses. No deposit bonuses aim to make new players loyal to the casino and keep them from moving to another casino since they do not have to commit before receiving the bonus.
The best part about the bonus is you do not have to deposit any money to the casino to get the bonus. All they have to do is create an account, get the bonus, and start playing. The bonuses can be free games, jackpot rounds, spins, promo codes, and holiday vouchers to popular destinations.
Types of No Deposit Bonuses in New Zealand
- Welcome Bonus or Sign-Up Bonus: New Zealand players can receive gambling credit as a welcome bonus when they sign up or register at a casino. This bonus is often in the form of money credited to a bonus account or free spins. The amount can range from NZ$10 to NZ$100 and may come with additional free spins. To claim this bonus, players simply need to sign up at the casino.
- Holiday Gifts or Offers: Many online casinos in New Zealand offer special bonuses on holidays such as birthdays, New Year, Christmas, Halloween, etc. These rewards can be directly added to players’ accounts through the use of promo codes. Some gifts are subjected to wagering requirements, while others are offered for free.
- Free Spins: Some casinos offer free spins for trying out new games in the casino. Players can claim free spins and have a chance to win big without making a deposit. Free spin amounts can range from 50 to 500, but many casinos impose wagering requirements on the winnings from free spins.
- Free Bets: This type of no deposit bonus allows players to place bets on certain games without risking any of their own money. Any winnings from the free bets are subject to wagering requirements before they can be withdrawn.
- Time-Limited Bonuses: These no deposit bonuses are available for a limited time and are usually awarded as part of a promotion or special event. Players have a set amount of time to use the bonus and meet the wagering requirements before it expires.
Conditions for Receiving No Deposit Bonuses in New Zealand
Like many online casino bonuses, no deposit bonuses in New Zealand come with terms and conditions.
- To receive a no deposit bonus, the following conditions must be met:
- The player must be of legal age to join the casino.
- Multiple accounts on the same casino site are not permitted to receive bonuses.
- Only selected games can be played with the no deposit bonus.
- It’s important to keep in mind that a wagering deposit is required to withdraw winnings from the no deposit bonus. This requirement ensures that the player is a real person using a valid online wallet or bank card and protects the casino from fraudulent activities and money laundering.
Wager Requirements of No Deposit Bonuses in Casinos in New Zealand
Players in New Zealand must keep in mind the restrictions on gambling imposed by the country’s laws as well as the deposit and wager requirements of the casino to receive no deposit bonuses such as free spins, free bets, and cash bonuses. These conditions are often specified in the bonus promotion.
Before they can withdraw any winnings, players must wager a certain amount of money. The wager is typically a multiplier, for example, x10, x15, or x25. For instance, if the no deposit bonus is NZ$100 and the wager is x15, the player must make bets totaling 1500 to qualify for withdrawing the winnings.
As gambling grows in popularity in New Zealand, many players are drawn to no deposit bonuses as a low-risk option. These bonuses allow players to win without risking a significant amount of their bankroll, leading to an increase in the popularity of online casinos offering these bonuses despite the wagering requirements and other policies.
However, it’s important to note that gambling can be addictive, and players should exercise caution. If you or someone you know is struggling with a gambling addiction, you can reach out to the Gambling Helpline by calling the toll-free number 0800 654 655.